Select Page

Etika also referred to himself as Young Ramsay during that time as well. [54], On November 6, 2019, it was revealed that after raising the initial $11,315.25 for NAMI,[55] YouTubers Abe Hunter and Double-A worked with mural artist BK FOXX and graffiti artists Kestaadm and JMZWalls to create a 40-feet long mural dedicated to Amofah in Bushwick, Brooklyn. [27], On April 16, 2019, Amofah tweeted that he was going to kill himself with a pistol he bought from a gun store in Long Island, which subsequently led to his arrest and hospitalization. Carry on! As a result, some took Amofah's final video as another joke and disregarded any concern over his well-being; Keemstar initially thought Amofah's final video was a pre-meditated publicity stunt, and stated after Amofah's death that "I was never fully convinced that he was mentally ill or in trouble because of our private convos. "[22] Despite focusing on Nintendo related content, Amofah also did playthroughs of indie games (e.g. The mass confusion online as to whether or not to take Etika’s threats seriously was a double-edged sword. [31] He later apologized on his subreddit r/EtikaRedditNetwork. Amofah’s last communication with people was on June 19, and on June 20 the New York Police department declared it a missing persons case. I really had no intention of killing myself but I’d always push it too far. You know I like to be overdramatic. I guess I am mentally ill.”. It asked for Amofah's original channel to be restored to preserve his legacy. Desmond Daniel Amofah (May 12, 1990 – c. June 19, 2019), better known by his online alias Etika, was an American YouTuber, streamer, and model. [27][35] He was detained again later that same week for assaulting a police officer. [27][28] He was also banned from Twitch that year for using a homophobic slur during a stream. [12][13], Prior to the Etika branding, Amofah was active in modeling and rapping, having released an independently produced mixtape titled Written in Ice in 2007 under his pseudonym "Iceman". Etika was clearly loved by his online fan base. Following several months that involved Amofah exhibiting signs of mental illness, as well as threatening suicide on multiple occasions, he disappeared on the evening of June 19, 2019, after uploading an apologetic video on YouTube in which he admitted to being mentally ill and suicidal. [49], On June 25, 2019, YouTuber Abe Hunter announced he was the owner and operator of Amofah's website,[50] and subsequently converted it into a fundraiser site where 100% of the profits were to be donated to The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) in Amofah's name. Etika Confirmed Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know, Copyright © 2020 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. Etika was never married or fathered any children. EtikaWorldNetwork Stream Highlight: Etika's MotherEtikaWorldNetwork Stream Highlight – Etika's Mother Please, go hug your mom if you have one and I'm lucky to have one. [37], Following Amofah's suicide, fans on Twitter and in emails asked that YouTube re-upload Amofah's final video to help memorialize him. Following his death, mental health researchers found several videos Amofah had posted that showed evidence of his troubled state but were taken as jokes by some of his viewers, rather than as signs of mental illness. I don’t know why everything is about Scott The Woz but hey I love him and he dies deserve more love. mckmas8808 said: … The YouTube star tragically found dead. >Etika streams for the first time since the breakdown >"What's up, thanks for joining the stream, it's ya boy, the antichrist. Etika Disappearance: Missing YouTuber's Belongings Found at NYC Bridge | News 4 NowPopular YouTuber and streamer Etika has been missing since last week — and now the NYPD says they've found some of his belongings near the Manhattan Bridge. He started modeling in 2011 and continued until 2015. Soon afterward, Ramsay himself started following Etika on Twitter. One day after confirming that YouTube star Desmond Amofah, known as Etika, died, authorities revealed on Wednesday that the 29-year-old’s death was ruled a suicide by drowning. They included a backpack, wallet, laptop bag, cell phone, a change of clothes and a Nintendo Switch. Etika, from the Etika World Network here. Fans online are sending thoughts and prayers to his parents, including his mother, Sabrina, who Etika often posted video tributes to on his channel, and his father, Emmanuel. How is such a person supposed to get proper help if they are generally declared persona non grata by the social-media hate-mob? Hey all, been absent from the sub reddit and Etika in a while, whats going on? [48], Fans later erected a memorial on Amofah's behalf on the pedestrian walkway of the Manhattan Bridge, leaving letters, fan art, Twizzlers, Nintendo-related products and other memorabilia.

Where Can I Buy 00 Flour Near Me, 40 Ft Glulam Beam, Tofu Marinade Without Soy Sauce, Bulk Used Computers, Wii School Game, Windsor Rainfall Last 24 Hours, One Step Approach Direct Marketing Examples, Is Club Soda Bad For You, Mr Olympia 2020 Date, What Is A Single Spaghetti Noodle Called, Can Diabetics Eat Scrapple, Fisher-price Baby Cot, Feroz Khan House Mumbai, Brooklyn Novel Miss Fortini, Pesto Pear Pizza, Streamlight Stylus Pro Usb Lumens, Red Light Therapy Pen For Horses, Carboxylic Acid To Ketone Mechanism, Stratified Squamous Epithelium Diagram, What Size Easel Do I Need For A 16x20 Canvas, Pink T-shirt Outfit Female, Pear Gorgonzola Salad With Candied Pecans, Classic Wow Race Traits, Let It Burn Movie 2021, Pulled Pork Shoulder Recipes, Tak Meaning In Telugu, Sehwag Retirement Speech, Muesli Benefits For Weight Loss, Alliston Hospital Wait Time, Carnation Milk Baby Formula Recipe, Dack Fayden Price, Wonder Woman Relationships, Mid Century Lounge Chair, Recycled Glass Drinkware, Toronto Earthquake 2020, Palenque Grill La Cantera Reservations, How Many Laps Of A Footy Oval Is 3 Km, How Is Child Support Calculated, Red Velvet Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting, John 1:41 Kjv, Vegetable Soup Diet, How Many Calories In 2 Toast With Butter And Jam, Lysol Disinfectant Concentrate Original Scent, 12oz, Cleaner, Weird Facts About Dolphins, Red And Green Lentil Dal Recipe, Blue Magic Pre Roll, Office 365 Workgroup Templates Gpo, Trouble Meaning In Urdu, British Virgin Islands Volcanoes, Acid Amide Structure, Short Lateral Thinking Puzzles, Chelsea Bun Calories, Hollow Tree Meaning In Urdu, Craigslist Garden Valley, British Virgin Islands Resorts For Families, Cubic Inches To Cubic Centimeters, Nova Scotia In Summer, Sandisk Extreme Vs Extreme Pro, Weber Igniter Kit Genesis 330, What Are The 7 Types Of Sentences, Brockmans Gin Review, Birch Benders Chocolate Chip Cookies, Ghana Must Go Taiye Selasi Summary, Tie Up - Crossword Clue, Ancient Greek Medicine Still Used Today, Thai Chicken Meatball Soup, Cave Of Pan Map, University Learning Journal Example, Best Compressor Ice Cream Maker, Keto Mexican Vegetables, William D Gore, Fuel Gift Cards Afterpay, Ashley Furniture Bunk Beds, Difference Between Growth And Marketing, How Many Laps Of A Footy Oval Is 3 Km, Sakonnet River Bridge, How Are Grits Manufactured, Is Coarse Dirt Better For Farming In Minecraft, Single Cream Recipes Dessert, Adidas Personal Selling, Rune King Thor Vs Goku, Traditional Hispanic Foods, The Reason For God Audiobook, Child Genius Uk, Plantronics Voyager 4220 Uc Review, Baby Pig Prices, Headache After Drinking Coffee, Marvel Vs Dc Characters Comparison, Telugu Birthday Songs With Name, Home Bedding Store, Maryland Cookies Usa,