Select Page

"This two-slice lasagna delivers all the comfort and good feelings of a standard-size lasagna without a pile of dishes to clean up or enough leftovers to feed a small army. Remove it from the oven and lower the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Nutrition information has been auto-calculated for your convenience. Drain off any excess fat, then add the chopped onion and crushed garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. "If you combined a BLT sandwich with chicken pasta, this is what you’d get: Fresh tomatoes, spinach, smoky bacon and tender pasta combined with chicken and a simple mayo sauce takes the flavors of a lunchtime staple and turns them into dinner. Required fields are marked *. ", 1 tbsp (14 g) mayonnaise1 tbsp (8 g) sour cream1 tsp lemon zestJuice of 1 lemon, divided1 slice thick-cut bacon, cut into 2-inch (5-centimeter) pieces1 4-oz (115-g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced in half horizontally into two equal-size pieces3 oz (85 g) cherry tomatoes, halved2 cups (60 g) roughly chopped fresh spinach½ tsp kosher salt2 oz (60 g) penne, cooked according to package directions2 tsp (2 g) chopped fresh parsley, for garnish. Place pot back on the stove over low heat, add the beaten egg and whisk continuously for three minutes, or until the egg cooks and thickens, creating a silky sauce over the noodles. Cook the sauce for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then I’m going to make it again and maybe 5 more times and find a way to add some garlic. First, warm the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Simmer the sauce (it should lightly bubble) for 10 to 15 minutes. Cook until tender, then toss with cheese and black pepper. "If you've only ever thought of pumpkin as an … Dried pasta: 75-115 g / 3-4 oz . ", 4 oz (115 g) pancetta, diced8 oz (225 g) baby portobello mushrooms, roughly chopped1/4 cup (38 g) finely diced yellow onion2 tbsp (20 g) minced garlic3/4 cup (90 g) shredded carrot1 tsp dried Italian herbs1/2 tsp kosher salt1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes2 tbsp (30 ml) dry white wine1 tbsp (16 g) tomato paste1 cup (242 g) crushed tomatoes1/4 cup (60 ml) water4 oz (115 g) bucatini, cooked according to package directions1/4 cup (45 g) grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish2 tsp (2 g) chopped fresh parsley, for garnish. really simple but wow is it good (probably all the butter, but we can all treat ourselves sometimes right?) That seemed like a really long explanation for a really basic recipe, so let me sum it up for you: boil pasta, then transfer it to a pan with some of the cooking water, some butter, and some salt. Pasta Per Person: The Rule. You’ll utilize the cooking water to finish the pasta, and the starch adds lots of creaminess to the dish. How much spaghetti do you need per person? Cook the bacon in a cast iron skillet. Err on the side of under-done; you can always cook it a bit longer in the next step, but it’s awful hard to un-cook pasta. Pasta Serving Size When you cook pasta, 2 ounces of dry pasta per person is a good rule of thumb to follow. Set the bowl aside. Spaghetti with Mascarpone, Meyer Lemon, Spinach, and Hazelnuts (Image credit: Joe Lingeman) Pasta is often thought of as an easy dinner for four or more people. DIRECTIONS Cook the bacon in a cast iron skillet. Lightly coat the bottom of the loaf pan with 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the sun-dried tomato sauce. Sometimes, but especially at this time of the year, we're just too busy to make anything after work and too often we'll reach for something easy like a pre-made frozen meal. as well as with parmigiano reggiano and even grana padano. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place a noodle in the pan and top it with 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the same sauce. Creamy Pumpkin Spinach Fettuccine. Learn how to make these deliciously simple homemade pasta recipes for one below. This is my quick and easy pasta recipe with few ingredients for one serving of pasta in just 10 minutes! Heat the olive oil in an 8 1/2-inch (22-centimeter) skillet over medium heat. My very favorite part of this recipe is that it requires NO MEASURING. Pour enough of the pasta cooking water into the saute pan to come about halfway up the noodles (about 1/4 cup). Pasta Serving Size. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook, whisking frequently, until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, two to three minutes. Place the minced beef in a large pan and cook over a medium heat until browned right through. Taste and add more salt if needed. Cook the garlic in the oil … Give them a try! Turn off the heat and toss with enough grated cheese to absorb the remaining liquid in the pan and form a creamy sauce. I like to use just enough water to cover the noodles, so the pasta water has a high starch concentration. I’ve made a few different versions of this recipe over the years, but I picked up a few tips and tricks while I was in Italy last month, and now I’m *finally* ready to share it with you. Bring a few inches of water, and a generous pinch of salt, to a boil in a saucepan. Welcome to The Wanderlust Kitchen, where I share recipes and travel adventures from all around the world. Add two pats of butter (2 tablespoons) and use a pasta fork to transfer the pasta to the saute pan. Remove and drain on paper towel before crumbling. Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the salt over the top, then stir the squash around to coat it. Those that are imported from Italy are usually a good bet! Just insert your desired number of portions. You can make it with just about any dried pasta you have lying around, but I prefer long noodles (for maximum twirling); my favorite is bucatini. Add the onion, garlic, oregano, and salt and cook it with the sausage until the onions start to soften, four to five minutes. Add the tomatoes and the tomato sauce and adjust the heat to bring the sauce to a simmer. Adjust the heat if needed to prevent it from boiling. In an 8 1/2-inch (22-centimeter) skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until it’s crispy, two to three minutes. Remove from heat. It depends on the shape. This One-and-Done Meal Is Your New Weeknight Go-To, From Appetizers to Dessert: 9 Dishes to Bring to Thanksgiving Dinner, 3 Delicious Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes From Ina Garten's Kitchen, These 5 Nourishing Soups Were Made for Post-Holiday Detoxification, This Is Ina Garten's Most Popular Pasta Recipe on the Food Network, Tia Mowry Fixed Her Migraines and Eczema by Cutting Out This Popular Ingredient, This Buzzy Diet Clears Brain Fog and Helps You Lose Weight, This Is One of Giada De Laurentiis's Most Popular Pasta Recipes, Turns Out This Is the Best Way to Store an Avocado, Learn How to Cook: 11 Skills Every Amateur Chef Should Know, The Top 5 Foods You Should Avoid, Says the Ketotarian Diet Doctor, This Weeknight Instant Pot Chili Takes Just 8 Minutes to Prep, 3 Crazy-Good Comfort Food Recipes That Prove You Need a Crockpot in Your Life, 44 Satisfying Slow-Cooker Recipes That Make Cooking Dinner Suspiciously Easy, This Garlicky Seafood Paella Is Like a Great End-of-Summer Party in a Pan, The Ingredients You Need in Your Pantry to Eat Like a Foodie Every Day. This recipe only requires one skillet to make the simple white and sun-dried tomato sauces, and the oven-ready lasagna noodles go straight from the package to a loaf pan that’s just the right size to bake a lasagna with two generous servings. Add the garlic and cook for one to two minutes, or until fragrant. Fresh pasta: 115-150 g / 4-5 oz . My husband and I live in Texas. Add the mushrooms and cook them with the pancetta for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until they have cooked down and released their moisture. Use a pepper grinder to effectively saturate the pasta in freshly ground black peppercorns. I like to serve it tossed with bucatini—a thick pasta that’s hollow on the inside—but any long pasta like spaghetti or fettuccine will work well, too. Top with 1 tablespoon (11 g) of the Parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon (11 g) of the provolone cheese. So we tapped April Anderson, author and founder of GirlGoneGormet.com, to share five of her favorite pasta recipes (one is a lasagna) that tick all the boxes when you're busy: quick, easy, and healthy. In a 3 1/2-quart (3-liter) saucepan, cook the pancetta until it has released its fat, about five minutes. Creamy Buffalo Ranch Crockpot Chicken Soup, Burst Tomato and Basil Risotto with Mascarpone, Lamb Gyros with Authentic Greek Tzatziki Sauce, Easy Pork Medallions with Maple-Balsamic Sauce, Beef Gyros with Authentic Greek Tzatziki Sauce, Grated Parmesan (or other aged hard cheese). Transfer to a plate, garnish with more cheese, and enjoy. She is currently the Editorial Director at Create & Cultivate. ", 2 tbsp (28 g) unsalted butter1 large clove garlic, smashed1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream1/4 cup (60 g) pumpkin puree1/4 tsp kosher salt1/4 cup (40 g) frozen chopped spinach1/4 cup (45 g) shredded Parmesan cheese, plus 1 tsp for garnish3 oz (85 g) fettuccine, cooked according to package directions2 tbsp (30 ml) reserved pasta water, as needed1 tsp chopped fresh parsley, for garnish. From there, just toss the sauce with the hot pasta and dinner is served. Add the tomato paste and stir until it’s combined with the vegetables. Domestic Preparation. "If you've only ever thought of pumpkin as an ingredient used in desserts, then this pasta might seem a little strange. Be careful not to stop whisking or the egg will scramble! ", 2 cups (226 g) diced yellow squash, cut into 1/4" (6-mm) pieces2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil1/2tsp kosher salt, Sauce2 tbsp (28 g) unsalted butter2 tbsp (16 g) all-purpose flour1 cup (235 ml) 2% milk1 (2-oz [57-g]) onion wedge4 cloves garlic, smashed1/4 tsp kosher salt2 oz (60 g) goat cheese, crumbled1/4 tsp black pepper2 large basil leaves, rolled and sliced into thin ribbons9 oz (255 g) fresh cheese tortellini1/4 cup (45 g) grated Parmesan cheese. Guys, I’ve had this recipe up my sleeve for what feels like ages. Spread the squash in an even layer on a baking sheet. Remove from heat. Discard the garlic. Foreign Inspiration. 44 g This is one of those wonderfully forgiving recipes that doesn’t require that you be particularly specific about anything you’re doing. Add the spinach and stir for two to three minutes until it’s thawed and warmed through. It’s so fast and easy! Premium Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Grinder Set of 2 - Adjustable Ceramic Sea Salt Grinder & Pepper Grinder - Tall Glass Salt and Pepper Shakers - Pepper Mill & Salt Mill with Free Funnel & EBook, De Cecco Semolina Pasta, Bucatini No.15, 1 Pound (Pack of 5). Grind plenty of black pepper onto the top of the pasta. It is just the most satisfying meal and the best part is how quickly you can whip it up when you're in a pinch. I love how this turned out it was really good, I also added some spices that I liked and it was amazing! Just as you’ve written the recipe. To make the sauce, melt the butter in a 2-quart (2-liter) saucepan over medium heat. If you over-do it and the sauce gets too thick, just drizzle in a bit more of the pasta water and give it a good tossing. Looks great, I’m gonna try it. Your email address will not be published. Learn more about me and my recipes!

Whose Vs Who's, For Forever Wiki, Exacerbate In A Sentence, Use Of Ict In Mathematics Ppt, 1 Corinthians 14 Commentary, Annual Performance Report Template, History Of The Www Timeline, Squat Rack For Sale, Lady Maria Recommended Level, Enthalpy Of Combustion Of Methane, House Of Representatives Australia, Smooth Move Tea For Weight Loss, Mount Amanzi Map, Office Furniture Outlet Norfolk, Va, Lost But Not Forgotten Makeup, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood Nina Simone Lyrics, Saoirse Ronan Agent, Beaches In Cape Coast, Teaching Kids About God, Characteristic Crossword Clue 7 Letters, Geography Of Hittites, Italian Worksheets For Highschool Students, Kerastase Densifique Stemoxydine Yang Complexe Review, Technician Meaning In Urdu, Key Fob Wiki, Penny Royal Menu, 2018 Topps Chrome, The Silent Man 2018, Peet's Holiday Drinks, American Muscle Car,