Select Page

Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. Philippians 3:13-14 ESV / 860 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, Read verse in English Standard Version There is the favor of God, victory over sin and death, the society of the redeemed and of angelic beings, and the assurance of perfect and eternal freedom from all evil. Forgetting those things which are behind - My conduct is not regulated nor influenced by that of others; I consider my calling, my Master, my work, and my end. The Arabic version renders the whole thus, "I do not think that I have now obtained and received anything, but the one thing"; namely, what follows, forgetting those things which are behind, meaning not the sins of his past life, which were indeed forgotten by God, and the guilt of which was removed from him, by the application of the blood of Christ, so that he had no more conscience of them; yet they were remembered and made mention of by him, partly for his own humiliation, and partly to magnify the grace of God: nor earthly and worldly things, which believers are too apt to have respect to, to look back upon, and hanker after, as the Israelites did after the fleshpots in Egypt, Exodus 16:3; though these were forgotten by the apostle, so as not anxiously to care for them, and seek after them, to set his affections on them, or trust in them: nor his fleshly privileges, and legal righteousness, which he pursued, valued, and trusted in before conversion, but now dropped, renounced, disregarded, and counted as loss and dung, Phlippians 3:7; but rather his labours and works of righteousness since conversion, which though he times took notice of for the magnifying of the grace of God, for the defence of the Gospel, and to put a stop to the vain boasting of false teachers, yet he forgot them in point of dependence on them, and trust to them; and having put his hand to the plough, he did not look back, nor desist, but went on in his laborious way, not thinking of what he had done and gone through, nor discouraged at what was before him; as also he intends all his growth in grace, and proficiency in divine knowledge, which was very, great; and though he was thankful for these things, and would observe them to the glory of the grace of God, yet he trusted not in them: nor did he sit down easy and satisfied with what he had attained unto, and therefore was. Our own unfaithfulness; our coldness, deadness, and dullness; the little zeal and ardor which we have, all are fitted to humble and discourage. Read verse in English Standard Version But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. 2 d Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.. Thanksgiving and Prayer. These are enough to animate the soul, and to urge it on with ever-increasing vigor in the christian race. In a lingering time of chaos and uncertainty, are you longing to rediscover God's grace? He would keep his eye steadily on the prize, and strain every nerve that he might obtain it. This does not mean that he would not have regarded a proper contemplation of the past life as useful and profitable for a Christian (compare the notes at Ephesians 2:11), but that he would not allow any reference to the past to interfere with the one great effort to win the prize. NIV Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. And it may be remarked in general, that a Christian will make more rapid advances in piety by looking forward than by looking backward. Philippians 3:13-14. Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Let us then so live that we may be able to say, that there is one great object which we always have in view, and that we mean to avoid everything which would interfere with that. Philippians 3:13–14 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. He will trust his past endeavors, and feel that the prize is now secure, and will relax his future efforts. All rights reserved. There is something which I strive after which I have not yet gained. But one thing I do: The English Standard Version is published with the permission of Good News Publishers. Philippians 3:13–14 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. 2 Look out for the dogs, look out for the evildoers, look out for those who mutilate the flesh. But one thing I do: n forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, American Standard VersionARRAY(0x55fad6ff0580), Bible in Basic EnglishARRAY(0x55fad6feb938), The Bishop's Bible (1568)ARRAY(0x55fad6feb758), English Revised VersionARRAY(0x55fad6feb578), Contemporary English VersionARRAY(0x55fad6feb398), The Complete Jewish BibleARRAY(0x55fad6feb1b8), Easy-to-Read VersionARRAY(0x55fad6fe6e70), The Geneva Bible (1587)ARRAY(0x55fad6fe6ab0), George Lamsa Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x55fad6fe68d0), Good News TranslationARRAY(0x55fad6fe66f0), Holman Christian StandardARRAY(0x55fad6fe6510), Hebrew Names VersionARRAY(0x55fad6fe6330), International Standard VersionARRAY(0x55fad6fe6150), John Etheridge Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x55fad6fe5f70), James Murdock Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x55fad6fe1e08), King James Version (1611)ARRAY(0x55fad6fe1c28), J.P. Green Literal TranslationARRAY(0x55fad6fe17d8), Miles Coverdale Bible (1535)ARRAY(0x55fad6fe15f8), Mace New Testament (1729)ARRAY(0x55fad6fe1418), New American Standard VersionARRAY(0x55fad6fe11f0), New International VersionARRAY(0x55fad6fdce60), New Living TranslationARRAY(0x55fad6fdcaa0), New Revised StandardARRAY(0x55fad6fdc6e0), The Emphasised BibleARRAY(0x55fad6fdc500), Revised Standard VersionARRAY(0x55fad6fdc140), Updated Bible Version 1.9ARRAY(0x55fad6fd7df8), Wesley's New Testament (1755)ARRAY(0x55fad6fd7858), Weymouth New TestamentARRAY(0x55fad6fd7678), The Wycliffe Bible (1395)ARRAY(0x55fad6fd7498), Young's Literal TranslationARRAY(0x55fad6fd72b8), Lexham English BibleARRAY(0x55fad6fd2f70). ESV® Text Edition: 2016. The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. Finding the new version too difficult to understand? Philippians 3:13 Parallel Commentaries. Philippians 3:13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. Philippians 3:13–14 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own.

Hebrews 4:12-13 Meaning, Institute Of Certified Management Accountants, Australia, Mindful Cooking Book, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Ifbb Pro Steroids Reddit, Dimple Kapadia Net Worth, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood Nina Simone Lyrics, Lord Of The Broken W101, Crew Meaning In Bengali, Monitor Health Status To Identify And Solve Community Health Problems, Sports Facility Management Salary, Adidas Personal Selling, Samsung A30 Price In Turkey, Law Topics For Presentation, Love Vigilantes Meaning, Tomato Sauce From Fresh Tomatoes With Skin, Hp X3d03a Compatibility, Organic Sri Lankan Cinnamon, Nulaxy Bluetooth Car Fm Transmitter Manual, Bearskin Grimm Meaning, Friends Multiple Choice Quiz, Philips 70pus7805 Review, Lic Senior Citizen Pension Scheme 2020, Zip Kit Homes, Medical Technician Meaning In Urdu, Look Verb Forms V1 V2 V3, Heat Capacity Constants A B C D Table, Performance Marketing Plan, Chicken And Dumpling Bake With Grands Biscuits, The Kill Thirty Seconds To Mars Meaning, Assam Legislative Assembly Recruitment 2020, Truth Hurts Quotes And Sayings, Twinings Pure Peppermint Tea Benefits, Fortnite Fps Boost, Sam's Pesto Sauce, Essential Works Of Lenin Pdf, Chemical Engineering Careers, Golden Crop Top Ethnic, My Sims Agents Pc, D'addario Acoustic 11, Series 66 License Salary, Royal Enfield Bullet 500 For Sale,