Select Page

I'm a bit impatient. r/kratom: Welcome to the place for discussion of kratom. So why use a stove instead of a microwave? I'd not be a fan, honestly! I don't really have a lot of counter space for a kettle, and my microwave only takes 75 seconds to get 85 degree C water (perfect for delicate teas such as white and green). We use electric kettles you plonker. Tea is a lot more delicate than most people think. Do you think I put the tea bag in the microwave like an idiot? Takes 1 or 2 minutes for the water to boil. Tea! Boil water on a stove with tea for reasonably long time, it won't overflow .. just boil it until the concentration of tea you want dissolves (keep in mind how much water you have and how much evaporates ) .. Add milk/Spices/Sugar (what ever you like). When it enviably came time for second cup I followed him into the kitchen and was shocked to find that he'd made it in the microwave! That's mental. He put two mugs of water in, one with some tea leaves and the other plain water. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Do they microwave tea,oh my god? New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I'm not a fan of microwaved anything. My kettle takes several minutes, I don't have the time for that! Tea made with microwaved water tastes bad to me. Whether or not water was heated by a heat source or by microwaves shouldn't matter. Physics explanation: there's a difference in how the water is heated - the microwave does work on the water, making the water molecules move faster and raising the temperature. Plus, most of my strainers are metal and can't go in the microwave. I suppose it's possible, but I've never had a cup made in a microwave that I enjoyed. I have low standards for myself but jesus I still have them. That's awful. Press J to jump to the feed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Reddit gives you the best of the internet in one place. Most Americans don’t even have a kettle. I swear every single household in Britain has a kettle, I use mine every morning for tea or coffee. Does it enhance the taste? Absolute savagery that's why, it's an abomination. There is absolutely no difference between microwaved and stove-heated water presuming the water is heated evenly. This subreddit is for discussion of beverages made from soaking camellia sinensis leaves (or twigs) in water, and, to a lesser extent, herbal infusions, yerba mate, and other tisanes. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Temp control. Same here. I use the microwave to heat water. THEY MICROWAVE TEA, WHY? I’m currently calling this topic the Microwaving Tea Controversy. Trust me,it makes for tea too.If you want a good quality of tea,that water should take the heat in a more gradual way and must be permitted to evaporate in the cup while it is heating to preserve the taste and the chuggability. You think the water is different now or something that's it been heated quicker? It was good tea. Supposedly it's easier to deplete the water of oxygen using a microwave. off topic question: did rosemary really cure your arthritis? that's all .. (this method tastes way way better then microwaved tea bag.. but again it's all about your preference), New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Doesn't really answer your question, but if stove boiling doesn't burn so much, I will be switching to that now. Is there any difference? If you stir your microwaved water and bring it to the desired temp, it will taste exactly the same as water boiled on the stove, stirred, and brought to the desired temp. Are you accusing me of not wanting to wait an extra 4min like a heathen? Tastes the same either way. For example, green tea needs to be steeped for 1-2 minutes in water that is 80 degrees C (175F). A wooden chopstick stuck into the water you wish to microwave avoids this problem. I put the tea bag/strainer in after the water heats up, though. BUT, be extra careful with microwave because the water might pass the boiling temperature and does not show any bubbles (no bubble formation) and it starts boiling when you move it or shake it or put external object (Tea for example) inside, which might be dangerous. Something like that... anyway I'm drinking from microwaved water right now. I've never known why - surely, boiling water is boiled water, right? As in the oxygen molecules will break bonds with the hydrogen molecules? Not that much difference in taste if you boil it (see the bubbles happen) then leave it cool down to desired temperature. Probably from my father's old tea habits, my tea has always been brewed properly on a stove and served from a teapot. He added sugar and that was it! The hotter the water the less oxygen it can hold. I have heard that in addition to super-heating, it is harder to tell the water is boiling / easier to allow the water to boil too long, which causes more oxygen to be released from the water, meaning less flavor is released into the water by oxygen? EDIT: To be clear, you don't put tea in water while it is still boiling, you bring the water to a boil, let it cool a bit, then put it in. For most foods it makes a difference sure, but if you’re putting a tea bag in 200°F water, the tea doesn’t know if the water was heated in a kettle or the microwave. If there is a difference in flavor of the water, it mostly likely has to do with the container, and not the method of heating e.g., aluminum kettle vs ceramic mug. I fully accept that this may all be in my head. And you complain about microwaves, ..... English breakfast tea should absolutely have milk in it, Anyone who doesn't have milk in English breakfast tea is a disgrace, More posts from the unpopularopinion community. Yeah I think that's probably it to be honest. Edit: Some of yous are so crabbit, this was more of a jokey rant than an actual grievance lmao. They both raise the temperature, but by different thermal processes. That may be a better way to do it with some teas. For a stove, I bring to boil, and then pull off heat and wait for the right temp. Learn how to make tea properly you savages. Microwaves heat unevenly though. I love tea, but I know nothing about all the technical aspects of it. The stove adds heat to the water, also raising the temperature and therefore also making the water molecules move faster. Then add milk afterwards. i deep-fry and eat my teabags and drink a coke after USA! Twinings Earl Grey, which I sometimes drink at home. You do not -- I repeat, not use boiling water for tea, and you never, ever boil the tea in the water! But, if you don't notice any issues with it and like the convenience, enjoy! Like you heat the microwave tea,oh my god like how when why? THEY MICROWAVE TEA.I.., I just can not comprehend.Sh*t why? It was good tea. Got a burning unpopular opinion you want to share? Personally, I think microwaved water tastes absolutely disgusting. This subreddit is for discussion of beverages made from soaking Camellia sinensis leaves (or twigs) in water, and, to a lesser extent, herbal infusions, yerba mate, and other tisanes. Even if that were the case, and I don't think it is, why would that matter? This subreddit is for discussion of beverages made from soaking camellia sinensis leaves (or twigs) in water, and, to a lesser extent, herbal infusions, yerba mate, and other tisanes. USA! You need very specific temperatures, and very specific steeping times for different kinds of tea. Blisters from boiling water are no fun. Cookies help us deliver our Services. I've always been a purest when it came to tea. Too much science for me with molecules moving around and such. We use microwave radiation to heat things in 1min that would have taken 5min years ago (i.e. Non-physics explanation: I find it tastes better when heated in a kettle. USA! I've always thought that it would produce inferior results, but this experience has caused me to rethink the matter.

Unifi Controller Setup, Chrome Vanadium Steel Vs Carbon Steel, Verka Dahi 1 Kg Pouch Price, Italian Sweet Pepper Seeds, Brick Kiln Meaning In Urdu, Mit Opencourseware Selenium, Keto Shake And Bake Pork Chops, To The Point Crossword Clue, Probability Theory: The Logic Of Science, Heel Meaning In Gujarati, Frederick Iii, German Emperor Cause Of Death, Nimue Starter Kit South Africa, Slimming World Sp Snacks, Boron Supplement Benefits, Waved Off Meaning In Urdu, Nsw Legislative Council History, Ace Pineapple Cider Beer Advocatebuy Art Materials Online, Convert Pounds To Dollars By Date, Preparation Of Higher Boranes, Sophia Dorothea Of Celle 1666 1726, Grilled Chicken And Lentils, Cell Notes Pdf, Catechol Oxidase Benzoquinone, Baya Weaver Bird Meaning In Bengali, Cucumber Vodka Drinks With Tajin, Traditional Bolognese Recipe Gino, Influence Of Society In Gender Identity Construction, River Flow For Kayaking, One Day Bus Trips Near Me, Hockey Ground Measurement Pdf, Whipped Sour Cream Frosting, Bougainvillea Tree Vs Vine, Best Hair Loss Treatment For African American Male, Caffeine Withdrawal Anxiety, Who Got Nari Shakti Puraskar 2020, How Did Esau Respond When His Birthright Was Taken, Epithelial Cells Normal Range, Doreen Name Popularity, 65 Oz Fill Weight Down Comforter, Veneta Oregon Events, How To Play Love Hurts Everly Brothers, Uplifting Funeral Readings, Caffeine Safety Hazards, Toby's Story Setting, Streamlight Stylus Pro 360, Discrete Mathematics Journal, Slimming World Bad For Mental Health, Spicy Beef Gumbo, Auxiliary Verbs Exercises, Sous Vide Bread Pudding, Samsung A30 Price In Turkey, Too Much Vinegar In Cake, Peach Color Background Wallpaper, Keto Pork Chop Suey, Row And Ride, Difference Between Full-time And Part-time Student, Best Oil For Popcorn, What Is Retford Like, Not Today Imagine Dragons Mp3, Montana Song Name, Jet Force Gemini Vela, Room 104 A New Song, Smart Baking Company Shark Tank, Propan 2 One Ir Spectrum, Netgear Wnr2020 Manual, Tuckertown Reservoir Directions, Bullet Journal Key Minimalist, Sunset November 21, 2020, Sint Maarten Flag, Kg Per Hour To Cfm Air, Small Brown Worm Like Bugs In House, Ek Yogi Ki Atmakatha, Lic Jeevan Shanti Pension Calculator, When Do Babies Start Babbling, Turkey Meatballs With Oats And Spinach, Lantower Cypress Creek Login, Design Agencies Nyc, Mazomanie, Wi Restaurants, Smart Start Cereal Cups, Why Have The Conduct Rules Been Implemented, Is Earth Balance Butter Healthy, Kant Perpetual Peace Criticism, Prepare Live Crab,