Select Page

Heat honey, cinnamon and vanilla, stirring until mixture is smooth and combined. I need to make some at least 2 weeks before required. Mix well. Yes they can. Less butter might help , also remove and freeze before cutting . Line a square baking pan with parchment paper, letting a bit of excess paper hang … If you want super crunchy bars make them slightly thinner and bake until they are golden brown. Thanks for letting me know. What Should You Eat If You Come Down with Coronavirus? To make ahead: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Prepare a 8x8 or 9x13 baking pan/sheet if you want a thin crunchies - grease or spray with cooking oil. Our product range includes nougat bars, health snack bars (yoghurt & muesli bars, seed bars, sugar free and raw bars). google_ad_client = "ca-pub-2579415064313591"; Then add baking soda. , yay another lovely recipe i am definitely going to try this but with peanut instead of almond bcos it is scarce and expensive in this part of naija.i made klako last week it came out very beautiful and i have chinchin dough in d fridge i have made it for d ompthinth… time with different variations .a question please am i to use fresh grated coconut for the bars thanks Maam. We don’t have molasses here. Let it cool completely , place in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze. //-->. Learn how your comment data is processed. © 2020 WOOLWORTHS holdings limited. Hope this is a keeper for you. In a medium bowl, combine the chopped nuts, seed mix and coconut. Also keep in mind that this recipe has sugar in it. So hard not to eat the entire thing. • ¼ cup (60ml) bran Add the salt and honey and stir to coat. I used dry shredded coconut, have never tried it with fresh coconut. Would the walnuts work too? All Rights Reserved. I have been playing around with gluten free flour and made a batch with rice flour and it worked out great- so if you want a gluten free snack, switch up the flour with rice flour. Shopping cart (0), Race Fuel Protein & Peanut Butter Nougat Bars. • ¼ cup (45ml) coconut flakes, toasted Also, don’t have sliced almonds on hand, only walnuts. Can I substitute all sugars with honey? Making delicious health snack bars is pretty straight-forward. Doesn’t it annoy the pants off you when people don’t use imodern, international, global, commonly used measurements? Tag me on Instagram. • ½ cup (125 ml) almonds, toasted and chopped Did you make this recipe? • 1 tsp (5ml) cinnamon I love hearing how it turned out! I just used brown sugar, no white and left it on 160C for 28mins in thermofan oven as they were quite thick in the dish I used – still amazing! Source: Diabetic Living Magazine, Summer 2019. You may store in an airtight container for up to a week. © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. This crunchy bar is for you, too! I made a batch but it’s all crumbly, what can I bind it with? this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Login. 110 calories; protein 3.4g 7% DV; carbohydrates 7g 2% DV; dietary fiber 1.8g 7% DV; sugars 4.1g; fat 8.5g 13% DV; saturated fat 2.7g 13% DV; cholesterolmg; vitamin a iu 5.4IU; vitamin c 0.3mg 1% DV; folate 15.4mcg 4% DV; calcium 21.5mg 2% DV; iron 1mg 6% DV; magnesium 55.3mg 20% DV; potassium 111.3mg 3% DV; sodium 26.6mg 1% DV; added sugar 3.7g. -Shredded coconut is available in most super markets depending on your location Thank you! • ½ cup (125ml) pitted dates, chopped Thanks Tolu, glad you liked the klako.