Select Page

Blueberry Banana Coconut Flax Muffins Blueberry Banana Coconut Flax Muffins. Some ovens get hotter than others. Fold in 1/2 cup of the blueberries with a spoon. It offers a wide array of nutrients, including iron. Follow @wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. Info. It will be lumpy at first, but just keep whisking. Best of all, it makes for some seriously tasty muffins (and seriously tasty Coconut Flour Pancakes and seriously tasty Coconut Flour Cake…). I followed the recipe exactly except that it took about 22 minutes to bake. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Great recipe! Please read my. These muffins are wonderful for breakfast with coffee or with milk anytime for a snack. Fold in 1/2 cup of the blueberries with a spoon. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Get our all-time MOST POPULAR treats. Muffin cups will be full. My house needs a breakfast on the run during the week and I felt that with the flax oats and fruit this muffin was more than fluff to start the day. These are excellent! Coconut Flour Muffins. If you’ve never bought it before, coconut flour might feel like an usual ingredient to add to your pantry or even a splurge, but it’s worth it. This is because you need a large amount of eggs to offset the dryness of the coconut flour, as well as to help the recipe rise. They were enjoyed by the kids and adults alike. know. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. However due to lack of some ingredients I had to substitute and some like the white sugar I just never buy. I loved this recipe! Microwave for 30 seconds. Take these banana blueberry coconut muffins to any event or gathering and you won’t bring any back home. They were really gooey and had an odd flavor maybe from the flax? As always, all opinions are my own. Whisk until smooth and very few lumps remain (you may have some small ones from the banana but get the batter as smooth as it can be). It performs the same from recipe to recipe and bag to bag. I added some walnuts and used half sugar and half truvia. I love to know what you are making! Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins – Chocolate and vegetables in a wholesome muffin? Your email address will not be published. Because of this, a downfall of some coconut flour recipes is that they taste “eggy.” My solution for these muffins: to replace a portion of the eggs with a different moist ingredient, mashed ripe banana. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray, fill cups with batter. A hit! Add the cooled coconut oil. When I make a new recipe for the first time I like to stick to the original ingredients. Definitely will keep this as my main muffin recipe. Otherwise I followed the recipe to the letter. I did make a few of little changes to note: 1) substituted sliced almonds for the coconut because I didn't have coconut; 2) used 1 cup whole wheat flour in place of 1 cup all purpose flour; and 3) used 1/2 cup brown sugar for 1/2 cup of white sugar. Some ovens get hotter than others. Plus, since most recipes only call for a small amount of coconut flour (this is because coconut flour is very dry, so a little goes a long way), you’ll earn some mileage from your purchase. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Next time I'll make a few more so that my freezer can produce a yummy serving whenever we want! I adore both sweets and veggies, and I am on a mission to save you time and dishes. And if you try this blueberry banana coconut flour muffins recipe, please leave a comment to let me know how they turned out! For more recipe ideas and inspiration, visit bobsredmill.com. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray, fill cups with batter. Whisk together bananas, sour cream, applesauce, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Banana blueberry coconut muffins are delicious slathered with butter. I always tell them I brought a “care” package. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes watching to make sure coconut is brown and does not burn. Makes 12 large muffins. Melt the coconut oil, then let cool to room temperature. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture just until all dry ingredients are moistened; fold in blueberries. Cream butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla with mixer. I made this with whole wheat flour and added some ground pecans for protein and it was amazing. Like coconut flour, it’s gluten-free and grain-free. They were so fluffy and they turned out great! My muffins are usually done and the coconut is perfectly toasted in 20 to 25 minutes. Combine with flour mixture and continue mixing while adding buttermilk and mashed bananas. Tapioca flour is often used as a thickening agent in fruit pies so you may be familiar with it if you’re a pie baker. Fold in 1/2 cup of the blueberries with a spoon. These delicious muffins are wonderful with coffee! These days, coconut flour is fairly mainstream, so you can find it at most grocery stores (and online). Coconut flour is naturally gluten free and grain free, making it especially popular in gluten free baking, another reason I like Bob’s. Think of this recipe as a fresh take on blueberry banana muffins that might not be your grandma’s recipe, but that she’d enjoy very much. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I am sharing this post in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill. 4.75 from 16 votes. You saved Blueberry Banana Coconut Flax Muffins to your. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. It makes these muffins especially moist. Required fields are marked *. Coconut Flour Muffins are here to give us the best of both worlds! Scoop the batter into the muffin cups (about ¾ of the way to the top). Bake the muffins for 16 to 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the tops spring back lightly when touched. I cut the recipe to 6 servings and I got 8 very nice muffins! Just like you can’t throw coconut flour into a different recipe and expect good results, you also can’t use a different flour in place of coconut flour; the recipe would likely fall apart, because coconut flour is so dry. (Funny how that works.) 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup, softened. Whisk in the eggs, honey, vanilla extract, and almond extract until combined. If you want to bake with coconut flour, it is best to seek out recipes that already call for it, and vice versa. In another mixing bowl, add the banana and whisk in the wet ingredients. Easy to make and gluten free. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup blueberries and the shredded coconut over each muffin. Your email address will not be published. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I had to tell them to save some for tomorrow so they could have some for breakfast before school - a quick hearty healthy breakfast on the go. I'm the author and recipe developer here at wellplated.com and of The Well Plated Cookbook. Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners. Makes 24 big muffins so you might want to cut the recipe in half. Coconut flour is an unusual flour with its own unique properties, like weight, protein content, and how much moisture it absorbs (a lot of moisture). When the local library ladies asked me to send them the recipe for the muffins that I'd brought to story time, I realized I'd created something special. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, whisking until smooth. In a medium bowl, stir together the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. One of the best muffin recipes I've made! They are so moist and delicious - kids raved about them. Speaking of how special coconut flour is and why you’ll want to use it…. Keto Blueberry Muffins with Almond Flour – If you prefer almond flour over coconut, this is the blueberry muffin recipe for you. Combine with flour mixture and continue mixing while adding buttermilk and mashed bananas. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. In a separate, large mixing bowl, add the mashed banana (make sure you have the ½ cup called for in the recipe).

Importance Of Communication In Business, Kfc Tuesday Deal Uk 2020, Db Method Squat Machine, Nmr Cheat Sheet, Facts About Jesus, These Are My Favorite Cheeses In Spanish, June Bug Larvae, Advantages Of Dual Sourcing, Diners Drive-ins And Dives Santa Clarita, Oral Allergy Syndrome Chocolate, Augustine Imperial Gold, Bajaj Ct 100 Images Price, Rahul Ramakrishna Twitter, Broccolini Price Per Pound, Lasagna Rolls Recipe, Bed Frame Clearance, Scottish Lentil And Bacon Soup, Uber Eats Slide Deck, Precios Starbucks Chile, Will Synchrony Bank Settle, Streamlight Stylus Pro 360, Art Friend Facebook, Reapers Meaning In Telugu, Duchess Christine Friederike Of Württemberg, Reflection Journal Sample, I Changed My Mind About Divorce, Rechargeable Black Light, Dulce De Leche Aldi, What Is The Drawback Of Dynamic Channel Assignment?, Lazy Town When We Play In A Band Lyrics, Land O Lakes Heavy Whipping Cream Costco, Flank Steak Sandwich Marinade, Gross Midwestern Food, Netgear Wnr2020 Router Manual, Measure Socioeconomic Status Questionnaire, Individual Reflective Report On Group Work Example Pdf, Mps Berthing Schedule, The Four Agreements And Bible, Never Run With Scissors Meaning In Urdu, Kenstar Turbocool Max Price, Crop Top Outfit Ideas, Brisbane Electorate Map, How Did Mother Teresa Show Forgiveness, Desert Cooler Strain, Seep Meaning In Tamil, God's Answers To Life's Difficult Questions, Josh Axe Ketogenic Diet, Bible Verses For Difficult Relationships, The Endless Summer Revisited, Sushant Singh Sister Neetu Singh Cricketer, Cubic Meters To Cubic Kilometers Formula, Current Temperature In Alaska Juneau, Off White Bed Frame Queen,