Select Page

Tag me on Instagram at. Add garlic and saute for a minute on a medium flame. For instagram mention, Chivda Recipe | Maharashtrian Poha Chivda (2 Ways), murukku recipe, how to make murukku recipe | murukulu recipe, Chana Masala | Punjabi Chole Masala (Stovetop & Instant Pot), Plain Dosa Recipe and Dosa Batter (Sada Dosa). Later add the chopped basil and cook for 1-2 minutes. How about you cook with those broccoli leaves? Clean and rinse the basil leaves and chop them and keep aside. Sure, you can compost them, but can I give you a (in my opinion) better suggestion? Did you know you’re growing a gold mine in terms of a plant? Remove the florets from broccoli and rinse them well in water. And let me tell you – it makes one heck of a delicious broth! Delicious recipe of broccoli with basil leaves. Then I’ll freeze the remaining broth. If you’re looking to brighten up your feed with beautiful, delicious and attainable Vegetarian Indian or World recipes, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter. Discard (or compost) the broccoli leaves. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Alternatively you could add tomato puree instead of chopped tomatoes. Submit your question or recipe review here. Same, by the way, for all the kales … You can use broth for cooking the rice on the stove top or the rice cooker (our preferred method!). In a pan, heat olive oil. Roll leaves and cut, when finished will appear like noodles. Honestly, the options are endless, so use what you have! What can you do with the broccoli leaves? Instagram, By Dassana AmitLast Updated: August 16, 2019, .wprm-recipe-rating .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-full svg * { fill: #E8C32A; }5 from 2 votes • 12 Comments. See below for my list of recipes that use vegetable broth, but I have to tell you about my absolute favorite way to use this broth. You can use the vegetable broth immediately or freeze for later use. Broccoli leaves and stems are filled with health benefits, so make sure to use them! will try to make one and update it on the website. olive oil together until well combined. Here’s some of my top recipes that use vegetable broth. Like this Recipe?Pin it Now to Remember it Later. Welcome to Dassana's Veg Recipes. Begin to cook on medium. Short answer – make this vegetable broth and eat them! Mix the broccoli with the tomato garlic mixture. Thanks a lot for sharing! We had this lovely broccoli basil with a Spanish green beans dish and boiled rice. Keep aside. Not only do you get a broccoli head out of the deal, but you get broccoli leaves and stalks too! Twitter In most northern locales, broccoli greens can be found at farmers markets (or in your garden) in late spring. Your email address will not be published. Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week. Saute for 10-15 minutes, stirring often - it will be finished when the garlic and onions soften and the broccoli greens are wilted. Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates. It was liked by everybody. I also have a professional background in cooking & baking. Did you make and love this recipe? Saute green onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then add the broccoli greens and rosemary. As you can see the broccoli leaves broke down quite nicely. My farm is a 1,000 sq ft apartment in NYC. But if you have a few other vegetables scraps available, you can really boost up the flavor of the broth. Alternatively, you could add tomato puree instead of chopped tomatoes. https://gardenmentors.com/.../how-to-harvest-eat-your-broccoli-leaves-recipe It’s not the easiest plant to grow so CHEERS! Like our videos? How to make vegetable broth with broccoli leaves – learn how to cook with broccoli leaves! Heat the bacon grease in a large soup pot or french oven over medium high heat. You guys – broccoli leaves make the best vegetable broth! thats good… yes i do know green beans recipe with tomato garlic etc. Add garlic and saute for a minute on a medium flame. I like the Hong Kong Chinese broccoli, which looks great when served. All our content & photos are copyright protected. For my broth I’m also adding some carrot peels and collard green stems (from this Italian Sausage Soup recipe). Thanks for the healthy recipe. If you have made the recipe and liked it then do share the recipe link on facebook, twitter & pinterest. The aroma and flavor of basil leaves complimented the broccoli amazingly. In fact the broccoli had absorbed the flavors of the basil and tomatoes and tasted yum. Cover and let the broccoli cook for 10-12 minutes. When the tomatoes are cooked, add salt and pepper. I started following the blog recently. Heat the bacon grease in a large soup pot or french oven over medium high heat. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. Receive My Favorite Recipes Straight to Your Inbox! I find that you can substitute vegetable broth for meat based broths in most recipes. Yes, you have a big beautiful broccoli head on top, but do you see all those broccoli leaves on the plant too? This is a healthy, easy recipe that you can use in soups, casseroles, slow cooker, rice dishes, and more. Wash broccoli leaves and remove stem. There are varieties of species, which are all suitable to be used in this recipe. Add the tomatoes and saute the tomatoes for a few minutes. We make rice quite often in our kitchen, so instead of cooking the rice in water, I cook it in broth! In fact, most of the restaurants … You can use the vegetable broth immediately or freeze for later use. Wash broccoli greens and remove stems (including the primary vein bisecting the leaves). Will try for sure. Thanks Dassana..Tried the recipe using dry basil leaves…This was my first try with brocolli..had an Italian taste and was yummy . Simmer for 1 hour. If adding additional vegetables scraps, add them in too. Pour the broth through a colander, catching the liquid broth in a bowl below. Do you have green bean recipe, say with tomato, garlic etc that goes with rice or roti? Pour the broth through a colander, catching the liquid broth in a bowl below. I’ll add them to sheet pans, stir-fries, and pot of soups. https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/broccoli-basil-italian-broccoli-basil Thanks for the recipe. For me, the easiest thing is to toss them into whatever I am cooking with the florets. Bring to a boil. Harvest broccoli leaves when the plant is about 2 months old. Basically I use whatever vegetable scraps are available from the last day. Remove the florets from broccoli and rinse them well in water, Clean and rinse the basil leaves and chop them and keep aside, In a pan, heat olive oil. Running the kitchen for decades, I share tried and tested Vegetarian recipes with step-by-step photo guide & plenty of tips so that your cooking journey is easier. Hmmm….. Its broccoli with basil leaves. Broccoli leaves and stems are filled with health benefits, so make sure to use them! Once boiling, cover with a lid and turn to low. And make sure to share your creations by tagging me or using the hashtag #brooklynfarmgirl on Instagram! Do you remember how I made Vegetable Broth with carrot tops? Add approximately 2 cloves minced garlic - more or less to taste. This is a healthy, easy recipe that you can use in soups, casseroles, slow cooker, rice dishes, and more. Facebook Serve broccoli basil hot with rice, pasta, noodles or even bread. If your broccoli has bolted, you have two choices: pull up the plant or hope that the broccoli produces great side shoots. Cook the tomatoes till they become soft, pulpy and mushy almost paste like. In mid- to late-Spring, be sure to harvest those broccolis' mini-florets before the flowers pop. Add salt and pepper to taste. I share vegetarian recipes from India & around the World. The leaves are thick and chewy, which will soak up all the flavors of the sauce. If you leave the plant they will still keep producing leaves, but if it’s very hot and they’re in direct heat, the plants will struggle after the bolting stage. Simmer for 1 hour. Like my videos? Saute green onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then add the broccoli greens and rosemary. Blanch prepared leaves for about 30 seconds in boiling water, then remove to colander and drain well. Give it your review below! Just like with broccoli florets, there are endless ways to enjoy broccoli stems and leaves. Along with basil and tomatoes, I also added garlic to the recipe. If you want to make vegetable broth with JUST broccoli leaves, that’s awesome, and that’s going to make a great broth. Broccoli basil recipe with step by step photos – here’s another interesting recipe I had recently made. I love seeing what you’ve made! After 5 minutes add the basil leaves to the broccoli and mix well. Wash broccoli greens and remove stems (including the primary vein bisecting the leaves). Add cut leaves and about 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan. Having been cooking for decades and with a professional background in cooking & baking, I help you to make your cooking journey easier with my tried and tested recipes showcased with step by step photos & plenty of tips & suggestions. Enjoyed your Punjabi karela sabzi. Hi, I am Dassana. Once boiling, cover with a lid and turn to low. How to make vegetable broth with broccoli leaves – learn how to cook with broccoli leaves! If you’re adding other vegetable peels, throw them in the pot too. First of all, take a few seconds and give yourself a big congratulations on growing broccoli! Cook the tomatoes till they become soft, pulpy and mushy almost paste-like. Required fields are marked *. Your blog is extremely wonderful and helpful! If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Now let’s check out that broccoli plant. Nice work. I love hearing from you! Step 1. This broth is great in any recipe that calls for broth! Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results, Pan-Seared Salmon with Avocado “Cream” Sauce, Carrot Cake Bars (Gluten-free & Dairy-free). My favorite recipe is…Vegetable Broth! Mix meat, onion, diced tomatoes, rice, spices, and 2 tbs. Tear broccoli leaves into small pieces, chop green onion, mince garlic and rosemary. Pinterest I'll see about trying it over the weekend, sans broccoli leaves using leaves from one of the kales instead. Tear broccoli leaves into small pieces, chop green onion, mince garlic and rosemary. Long answer, this is a question that I’m asked often with gardeners who grow broccoli. The green beans recipe was made by my spanish friend ‘s’ and was a great combination with the broccoli basil. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url. Sign up for my FREE Beginners Guide to Delicious Indian Cooking. Please do not copy. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. Let's make dinner together. Discard (or composthe broccoli leaves. Add broccoli leaves, water, garlic, salt and bay leaves to a large pot. welcome divya and thanks for the positive feedback. The rice gets SO flavorful. Hi! Bring to a boil over high heat. YouTube Dice onion small and add to pan with broccoli leaves. I'm Pamela, an artist Mom who shares family recipes. Add broccoli leaves (and stalks), water, garlic, salt and bay leaves to a large pot. Well I basically use this same method with broccoli leaves. This is our estimate based on online research. Mix well. This recipe makes 7 cups of vegetable broth, so I like to fill a mason jar up with broth and put in the refrigerator to use in the next couple of days. Can we use dried basil leaves for this recipe?.. You can also use potato peels, chopped up onions and peels, zucchini and eggplant scraps, trimmings of beans and sugar snap peas, chopped tomatoes and celery.

Viva Pinata Pc Amazon, Jennie-o Turkey Bacon Recall, Sponge Gourd Health Benefits, Francesca Von Habsburg Foundation, Zyxel Nas Putty, Jackie Shroff House Mumbai Address, Panuchos Yucatecos Near Me, Air Force 17d, Few Sentences About Pond, Georg Von Habsburg, Finding I Am Pdf, Quick Keto Dessert, Ikea Kaustby Chair Discontinued, 14n1 Intelligence Officer Course, Tomato Soup For Weight Loss, Long Sleeve Shirt Singapore, Dumplings In Slow Cooker No Suet, Beer Creek Brewery Menu, Best Carolina Gold Bbq Sauce Brand, Vegetarian Mexican Rice Casserole, Lasagna With Bechamel Mario Batali, Bean And Rice Burrito Recipe, What Language Do Babies Think In, Vintage Rings Cheap, Ptfe Spray Coating Suppliers, Solid Black Wallpaper, Philadelphia Cheesecake Cups Calories, Take A Step Back Roblox Id Bypassed 2020, Small White Bedroom Chair, Can You Imagine That Karaoke, Lentil And Bulgur Salad, Guy Kawasaki Financial Projections, Street ___ Crossword, Menomonee Falls Restaurants, How To Cook Glutinous Rice, Alleged Meaning In Urdu, Lavender Latte Nutrition Facts, Bulgur Recipes Breakfast, Kit Manufactured Homes Oregon, Boom Loader 537 For Sale In Uae, Statement, Question, Command Exclamation Quiz, Subject And Object Questions, Royal Enfield Dealers Uk, Idea International Roaming, Maurice Merleau-ponty Influenced, Zana Crash Guard For Himalayan, Cheapest And Safest Places To Live In The World, Tega Cay To Charlotte, Significance Of Poisson's Ratio, Lettuce Recipes Soup, Air Force Fusion Analyst Civilian Jobs, Destination Meaning In Urdu, Pulsar 135 Images And Price, Where To Find I-551/i-766 Number, King Canna Vancouver, Kid Friendly Snacks From Around The World, Sicilian Cheesecake Vs Regular Cheesecake, Minecraft Well Design, Nyc Dept Of Aging Housing, Cosmic King Thor, Stratified Squamous Epithelium Drawing, Funfetti Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes, Medium General Knowledge Quiz Uk, Pain Bc Youtube, Brooklinen Linen Sheet Reviews, Ben And Jerry's Cookie Dough Bites Review, Pubg Noob Quotes, Bed Hindu Religious Books Bangla, Oxford Dictionary Of Biochemistry And Molecular Biology Pdf, Nordic Ware Half Sheet Pan With Lid, Pozole Recipe Genius Kitchen, Strawberry Scones Uk, Portable Wifi At&t, Sesquiterpenes In Essential Oils, Authentic Key Lime Pie Recipe, Road Scholar Experience, Cozy Bedroom Chairs, Martin Guitar Strings Uk, Ir Spectroscopy Book Pdf, Permanent Resident Card Number Lookup, Interactive Checklist Google Docs, Artdeco Rich Treatment Foundation Swatches, Marriott Hotel Dublin Airport,