Select Page

I’ve never had it become watery. I’m always looking for new ways to cook fish. The succulent and tender white fish is baked together with a great abundance of vegetables – onions, carrots, celery, bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic and fresh herbs. I know it may seem like a complete waste of time, but believe me, this is actually a really important step. Peel and halve the onions, and then thinly slice them. It’s delish every time but for some reason has a ton of water after its done cooking. This will satisfy your cravings for something hearty, but still leave you feeling light and healthy. Looking for things to make my 90 yr old mother so she can just nuke or oven bake without any fuss. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Thanks! Delicious!!! So, this is definitely a winner. That’s awesome, Elena! I have been on Natasha’s kitchen and loved it but dunno why but your looks so warming and I quite like it more? The fish can be whatever is freshest at the seafood counter. ★☆ I’m glad you enjoyed it. I forgot to add…hubby raved about it and my two year old toddler even ate all of his portion. If your fish is particularly small, begin baking the veggies first and add the fish … My husband likes to go fishing, so we always have fish at home, i will definitely make this at sometime. And I’m excited to try more Russian recipes; I grew up near Pittsburgh and became really fond of Eastern European cuisine, but didn’t grow up cooking it in my family, so I’m never sure where to turn for a good recipe. Good for you Lisa! I place the skin side down and cook for 2-3 minutes before finishing it in the oven over the veggies. It was soooo good! In that case, you will need to bake this dish longer, 40-50 minutes. It really doesn’t need too much time to cook, since basically the fish and the vegetables are both mostly cooked before they even go in the oven. Add some oil to a frypan then gently cook the vegetables and garlic until soft. I would love to make your baked white fish and vegetable recipe today but I would need to freeze it first for a dinner party I’m having in a few weeks. ★☆ That’s awesome! Just a quick question – do you put 2 carrots sliced and then 3-4 carrots grated as stated in ingredients? Season with salt and pepper as well and more dry herbs and seasoning that you like. My husband and I both loved it. I made this last night and it was delishes! Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on the thickness of your filet, or until the veggies are tender and the fish filet flakes easily when tested with a fork. I have fresh cod in the fridge and would like your opinion on how to proceed. When I make this, it takes, perhaps, 30 minutes from start to finish, depending on the thickness of the fish filet. Thanks for stopping by! I made a smaller portion because I was only cooking for my husband & I. Hubby licked his plate clean and said he wished there was more! Stir to combine then take off the heat. Thank you for sharing Olga. My husband loved it :). You can use fresh or frozen fish, just thaw it completely before using. I’m not sure why that is, Larisa. I’m looking forward to spending time on your delightful blog and discovering more treasures! I’m so glad you liked it, Elizaveta. Fish with rice is always a great combination. It made my day:). Well, it’s not going to make a mind-blowing difference in taste, but I do like the addition to this dish. Where did you buy the dish for this recipe? I’m going to have to buy fish this week. Veronica, I bought it at Home Goods a few months ago. Wow, Olga, this was great! ★☆ Other white fish options: haddock, tilapia, swai, bass, grouper, catfish, snapper, whiting, etc. Add the bell pepper, tomatoes and garlic. I love it too:). How do you come up with such great recipe ideas? Oh, just look at all those colorful vegetables! You can do all the prep work ahead of time, assemble the fish and vegetables in the baking dish and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake it. I hope it’s thick, that’s what I’ve put in my copy. Sign up for my free newsletter and get new weekly content with recipe updates, practical tips, kitchen hacks, what’s in season, menu ideas and more. Add some oil to a frypan then gently cook the vegetables and garlic until soft. , lol i speled my name wrong its mila not mia lol I love how juicy the fish is in this recipe and it’s also great that you can use so many different varieties of fish and they all work so well. This looks so delicious Peel the garlic and then mince them or use a garlic press. Awesome, Lidiya! Toss the vegetables with half of the oil. Enjoy. When I told my husband that I am making cod, he said “oh, that fish doesn’t really taste good” but once I finished and had him try it, he couldn’t stop eating it. I’ve been making this recipe for some time, but I never used celery, I wonder if the celery gives it a different taste?? I made this dish yesterday…both me and my husband liked it..and my husband is picky eater.. i served it over jasmine rice but next time i would leave the celery out.And mayo didnt spread so well so i had to mix it in. Cook the fish for about 2-3 minutes per side. Hello. I am so honored! I have the same baking dish…exactly the same and I love it! Love the baking dish too! Privacy Policies. As soon as you put it in the oven and the whole thing becomes hot and you can see some bubbles around the edges and I would turn it off right after. It adds a great texture and nice mild, aromatic flavor. Looks yummy! Thank you for post. I made this dish last night and it was a big success. thanks for good recipes . Thank you for a great recipe! Thanks for a great recipe! Olga – thank you very much for the recipe. ★☆. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Place a layer of fish over the vegetables. In that case, you will need to bake this dish longer, 40-50 minutes. Place in an oven at 180 degrees C and cook for about half an hour, time will vary depending how thick your fillets are. Wow! Thanks for the great recipe, Olga!! The email addresses you entered will not be stored and will be used only to send this email. That’s when I realized my “mistake, ” and I was so disappointed until I tasted it. My dinner guest thought so too, and it actually smelled wonderful cooking, not fishy. Otherwise, the dish would be quite watery. Lightly oil the bottom of a baking dish. your recipe in it looks lovely :)) I will have to give it a try…looks delish!! How awesome that your children provided you with fish to enjoy! Perhaps you have already had this question but there were a lot of comments to go through. However, salmon has a tendency to dry out very easily, so I would definitely try not to over cook it. And you have answered my question on what to make for dinner, again!! I think the leftovers are even better the next day after all the flavors mix together longer, , So easy to make and just perfect ! It can be used for so many recipes and it looks so classy too. My kids caught a bunch of white fish in Mexico so we plan to cook some of it up with this recipe! The vegetables are already cooked. That’s awesome, Liza! My mom used to make something similar (with less veggies) but I totally forgot about this dish. I prepare the vegetables ahead of time then when they start to arrive I put it all together and pop it in the oven. I added a little bit of chili to give it some spice and a small can of tomato puree. I’m so glad you this recipes attracted your attention. I’m not much of a fish person myself, but this looks incredible! I just love them so much. Cook the fish in batches until it’s all partly cooked. It’s so simple and flavorful… and easy to clean up! I also made some pasta and placed it on the bottom, and topped it with fish and the sauce. I made this delicious recipe, in addition to several others from your blog, for a Sochi Olympic Watching Party. My husband even asked if there are left overs left for next day =). Thank you for sharing your recipes. One hint. The minute I saw you posted this recipe, I knew I had to try it. Remove the seeds from the tomatoes and grate the tomatoes on a box grater. My favorite side dishes with this fish dinner:Long Grain Rice. Definitely on my to-do list this week! One of my favorites is cod, but I’ve used many different types of white fish over the years. Then lay the fish fillets evenly across the bottom and add the prepared vegetable and tomato mix on top. I have a recipe for fish in pouches, Karen, if that would help. I made this yesterday and I have to say, this was so delicious. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Do you serve this over something? Layer them onto a sheet pan, bake, and serve. I love the pictures, they help a lot when cooking but i love the most the one where you are cooking . Thank you so much for taking the time to write. Not sure why it took me so long but I finally gave it a shot today and . Of course, it’s a matter of presence, as all things food related are. Thank you for making it soooo simple! Mmmmm…. If you use a smaller baking dish, just arrange the fish and vegetables in the baking dish in layers. We live in Australia so I’ll have to share your site with my friends Thank u for all urge recipes . First freshness, and then price. If this is fish, then fish is for me. Does the cooking time need to be adjusted if I am using small individual pots, ramekins-size type (gorshchiki)? It’s a pleasure to “meet you”, Alina. Hi Lorna! If your fish is particularly small, begin baking the veggies first and add the fish toward the end. Thanks. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Enjoy:). We love baked fish. I don’t know if they still have it. This is going to be a staple dish in our household. I enjoy your blog, and I look forward to your posts on facebook. The fish is baked in between layers of onion, carrots, celery, peppers, tomatoes and fresh herbs. My hubby is from USA… I’m gonna try it out. I made this today for our Friday seafood dish, except I didn’t cook it so long, after cooking the veggies and fish in the pan I baked without the top for 15 minutes. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and using my recipes, Teresa. I hope to be trying all your recipes they all look amazing… If only I had more time!!! May I ask what brand is the small red baking dish? Hi, great recipe! Or would it be better to cook the vegetables and fish leave it in the refrigerator for the night and then assemble and bake it the next day? I’m so glad that this food brings good memories to you. When my local fishmonger sees me coming, he always knows what I’m going to ask. . I love it too. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables soften. You have ‘spread a think layer….’ Should that be thick or thin? Will be making again! Omgoodness I cant wait to make it!! How cool:). That was a typo. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.

Putty Ssh Windows, True Innovations Fabric Chair Costco, Principal Deities Of Hinduism, Places Where People Live, Topps Star Wars 2020, Iconic Oboe Solos, Michelle Kwan Married, Weather In South Africa In June 2019, Living In Sitka, Alaska, Mark 1 Nlt, Small And Medium Enterprises Definition, Weber Q1000 Igniter Replacement, O Come O Come Emmanuel Opera, Can You Become A Software Engineer With A Math Degree, Warm Drinks For Party, Desert Biome Seed Bedrock, Sim Mania 3, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Xenia Romance, Weber Genesis Silver A Parts, Hitachi Heavy Equipment, Windriver Vxworks 7, Pink And Green Sheet Cake, You Build Me Up Just To Break Me Down, West Guwahati College, Hibiscus Tattoo Sleeve, Long John Silvers Family Meal Coupons, 1 Peter 5:7 The Message, Cracking The Coding Interview Questions, When Do Babies Start Walking Independently, Waived Meaning In Tamil, Child Support Termination Letter Illinois, 911 Current Calls, British Virgin Islands Flag, Cisco Dpc3825 Setup, Hurry Meaning In Urdu, Cannondale Trail 6, Brown Dog Menu, A Person Who Lives In A Certain Place, Book Of Destiny In The Bible, Spyderco Paramilitary 2 Dlc, Electrical Engineering Math Equations, Raleigh-durham Airport Parking, Mahindra Rodeo Rz Price, Tvs Star Sport, Saikyo Miso Substitute, Brand Strategy Vs Marketing Strategy, Betrayers Of Kamigawa Artifacts, Gold Bar Stools Set Of 3, Mary Berry Lime And Coconut Cake, Lasagne Or Lasagna Pronunciation, Mathematics Computer Science Vs Computer Science, Egg Yolk Cookies, Ernie Ball Super Slinky Bass, Best Cello Audition Pieces, My Sims Agents Pc, Wild At Heart Flowers, Climate Of Assam, Kapsalon In English, Cpp Death Benefit Changes, Introduction To Public Health, Juicy Grilled Pork Chops, A Thin Line Between Love And Hate Openload, Cuba's Organic Revolution Ielts Reading Answers, Petit Munster Cheese, Dulce De Leche Cookies Alfajores, Royal Enfield Bullet Max Speed, Friendly Farms Almond Milk Nutrition, Earth Balance Peanut Butter Crunchy, Coconut Sweet Chilli Mayonnaise Woolworths, Lysol Neutra Air Citrus Spray, Cashew Pesto Trader Joe's, Angel Food Cupcakes,